Voss-Tecklenburg on criticism: “I almost completely lost consciousness”

DFormer national team coach Martina Voss-Tecklenburg spoke for the first time about her psychological problems after the departure of German football players from the World Cup, and also admitted mistakes. The result was a feeling of pressure in the chest, panic attacks and insomnia, the 55-year-old said in an interview with ZDF published on Monday, in response to internal and public criticism: “I almost completely lost consciousness.”

The fears, insecurities and emptiness in her head grew stronger – as if I had been turned off. In early September, the German Football Association announced that Voss-Tecklenburg had fallen ill.

After a long stalemate, the DFB appointed Horst Hrubesch as interim coach of Germany, who lost in the preliminary round of the World Cup in Australia and New Zealand. At the beginning of the month, the German Football Association terminated the contract with Voss-Tecklenburg, valid until 2025.

Voss-Tecklenburg also recently came under criticism because she gave two lectures even though she had not yet been declared healthy by the DFB at that time. “Then I performed in public. Looking back, you can say, “What a stupid mistake,” Voss-Tecklenburg said.

Source: Frantfurter Allgemeine

Get in Touch

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Latest Posts